Thursday 25 August 2016

Outfit: Gone for good this time

Triangle pearl earrings: Staceyjewellery ~ Velvet turtleneck: New Yorker ~ High waist skirt: DIY ~ Belt: vintage ~ Belt bracelet: Rings & Tings ~ Platform sandals: Deichmann

So if you actually remember the 2014 outfit I revived here - thank you so much for your ongoing support :3 I decided to give this look a bit of a 2016 update. This is something I love to do every now and then just to trace the development of my looks over time and give myself an anchor point to create something new. My fav thing about this outfit is that it strikes a balance between grown-up and playful. The beautiful triangle shaped earrings I already showed you in this post are definitely more on the grown-up side while the ruffled skirt and the socks + sandals combo give the outfit a cute youthful twist. Now you might say... wait, my pillow/curtain/tablecloth looks exactly like your skirt! Yeah well, it does because the skirt is sewn from fabric we got at IKEA :D My mum thought it would make a great skirt and I agreed so this happened. When Lookbook featured the outfit on their Facebook page two years ago the discussion about the IKEA fabric in the comments was hilarious :D

Which version of the outfit do you like better and why?

xx


2 comments:

  1. hello my name is scott harvey i just want too say i saw a picture of you in lookbook wearing a very beautiful long indian wrap around skirt..the page was titled my god is the sun ..i absolutley loved that indian skirt you were wearing love from scott harvey....

    ReplyDelete