Sunday 31 July 2016

Outfit: A faint memory


Lace shirt: Zaful ~ Studded distressed shorts: Zaful ~ Necklace: Zaful ~ Platform sandals: Zaful ~ Belt: vintage ~ Sunglasses: Dresslink

Here we go again lovelies :)
This outfit has become one of my favs the instant(s) I got these items. Funnily enough most of them are from Zaful but from three individual orders :D So what makes this outfit so special to me? Well, obviously B/W outfits are always fab as black and white are just made to be worn together. But there's more to it than that and it took me a while to figure out what it is. Way back in 8th grade or something I had a similar lace blouse and my friends at school said it looked like tablecloths or curtains. I just didn't care back then and wore it anyway but now, more than 10 years later, when I got this lace shirt I realized I loved it BECAUSE it looks like curtains. Because it brings back a faint memory of being at my grandparents' house as a child looking outside through the curtains into the neighbours' backyard with its trees and flowers and the shed. It's a warm summer evening and soon we'd go over there and have a garden party for my grandma's birthday. We'd have a BBQ and everybody would be there, even those who are not with us anymore today. This image is one of my favorite childhood memories as it makes me feel so sheltered, calm and happy. I will never ever stop wearing curtain-tablecloth shirts.
I wanted to go for a really relaxed look so I added these beautiful distressed studded shorts. Now careful here - you might remember my post about the shorts of death. We have a similar situation going on here - the shorts are really super tiny. Now this shouldn't keep you from getting them if you like them but be sure to order them a lot larger than your regular size (I'm wearing a size Large here because I already sensed they wouldn't run true to size). Apart from that they are really super amazing and comfy and I LOVE their design as I'm always looking for shorts that have something unique and exciting to them.
The platform sandals are perfect for walking around as they're way more comfy than heels but still elongate your legs :) I already tested them the very day I got them and walked around town to get some tarte flambée I'd been craving for ages :D To top the look off I added these stunning geometric necklaces. I generally love necklaces that come as a set as it makes matching them so much easier, especially if you're in a hurry. The geometric shapes add a little extra twist to the look without screaming for attention and their subtle design goes well with the delicate lace. I didn't mind mixing metals in this look as it emphasizes the laid-back and effortless feel the look has to it.

Come back on Tuesday for my next outfit post :)
Hope you guys had an amazing weekend - I did :) Kayaking with my family is on the agenda tomorrow - yay!

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment